Short Salkantay Trek 2 Days / 1 Night
Experience the incredible Andean Mountains on a unique journey. Join us for an amazing 2-day Short Salkantay Trek, where you will challenge yourself and reawaken your spirit!
Short Salkantay Trek is a unique Peruvian adventure tour located in the spectacular Andes mountains. This amazing trek offers unparalleled views of the magical Inca Trail, beautiful lagoons, and elusive wildlife along with a huge variety of cultural and historical experiences. Our tours are designed to provide you with a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience. With Short Salkantay Trek, you can get up close to some of the world’s most incredible sites at your own pace. We’ll make sure that your trip is tailored for you, so you get the maximum out of this natural wonderland. Join us on an adventure of a lifetime; explore Peru in all its glory!
Two-day Short Salkantay Trek is for people who already knew Machu Picchu and for those who want to explore different things, want to enjoy beautiful landscapes. Take a short walk and explore the picturesque lagoon of Humantay and the magestic Salkantay Mountain. The trip starts in the city of Cusco (3400m), from where you will be transported by car to the zone of Soraypampa (3800m); along the route we’ll pass remote indigenous towns of Iscuchaca and Limatambo, which still preserve Inca traditions, in the afternoon you’ll visit the lagoon of Humantay which are situated at the foot of the majestic glacier-covered Salkantay mountain range.
- DURATION: 2-Days/ 1- Night
- STARTING POINT: Pick up at 5:30 am From the hotel in Cusco.
- ENDING POINT: Drop off in Cusco at the main square around 7:00 pm, If you tell us, in advance, we can drop you at your hotel.
- DEPARTURE: The date that better suit you.
- TOTAL, TREKKING DISTANCE: 22 km / 13.6 miles
- MAXIMUM ALTITUDE: 4650 m / 15228 ft.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: 1-night camping.
- SALKANTAY NATIONAL PARK: Entrance ticket included
- “Scenic drive from Cusco to Soraypampa Valley with awesome panorama of mountains with view of Salkantay Mt. enriched with lovely Andean forest
- Explore the most picturesque lagoon of Humantay situated in the shortest of Salkantay Mountain.
- Explore traditional farm villages and Mysteries Inca settlement of Tarawasi along the Route where our guide will explain you the Inca culture.
- Enchanting pristine forest filled with Andean, tropical and sub-tropical trees.
- Experience the dawn at Machu Picchu and enjoy an informative Tour.
- Explore the Lagoon of Humantay and participate from a ceremony for the Apus, a spirit of the Mountain.
- Many photo opportunities
Short Trek Itinerary:
- DAY 1: Cusco – Mollepata – Soraypampa (Explore Humantay Lagoon) – Suyroqhocha.
- DAY 2: Hasrdest day | Suyroqhocha – Salkantay Pass – Salkantay turquoise lagoon – Cusco
Why book with us?
- Stay within reach of select and exclusive private campsites with stand-up tents, thick mattresses and pillows.
- Enjoy hearty meals each day freshly prepared by our dedicated kitchen team. Drinking water included in the walk.
- Hike at a good pace led by experienced Tour Guides trained in nature first aid, equipped with a group medical kit and a portable Oxygen bottle.
Why Short Salkantay Trek?
- Salkantay Trail is listed as one of the 25 best trekking dstination in the world by National Geographic Adventure Travel magazine.
- Short Salkantay Trek is definitely one of the best trekking adventures you will find in Peru and South American.
- After Classic Inca Trail, Salkantay trek is the second most popular trek to Machu Picchu (and much less crowded).
- Hikers can see natural bridges, snowy mountains, colorful valleys, waterfalls, wildlife, unique plants, and a cloud forest.
- Camping with fewer people allows you to be in control of your own trip and have the best views of these amazing mountains!
A typical day for 2-Day Short Salkantay Trek
You will be woken up with a cup of “Coca tea” (Good for the altitude) in your tent at around 6.00 a.m., followed by a small bowl of warm water to wash. Before breakfast, put your gear in your duffle bag and go to enjoy your breakfast. The duffle bags will be carried by our horses and you won’t have access until it arrives to the next camp. After a healthy breakfast, we’re usually on the trail around 7:00 a.m. Depending on the duration and nature of the day’s walk; We’ll walk for about 6-8 hours, then generally rest for lunch for about one hour where you can fill-up your water bottle. Some of our employees will walk forward and select an appropriate place to stop.
The afternoon walk is usually a bit shorter and the camp is generally arriving between 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Once we get to camp and the kitchen is ready, afternoon tea will be brewed. From there until dinner, it’s time to rest or explore the surroundings. Dinner is generally served between 6:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Don’t forget to bring your flashlight and your water bottles in the dining room tent so they can be filled with boiling water. Trekking the nights give you some of the best memories of your walk, be it talking, playing cards, Chat with the crew or join the song and dance with the locals. A lot of The enjoyment of an expedition is on the journey itself.
What will you see along the 2-Day Short Salkantay Trek?
2- Day Short Salkantay Trek
This is a difficult question to answer since Peru has a variety of conditions. The best time is the dry season from May to November, and this is usually the period we recommend. But the walks are open all year.
While traveling through the Andes in Peru, some people will experience certain effects. If you plan to hike the 2-Day Short Salkantay Trail, we recommend that you arrive 2-3 days before begins to trek to acclimatize; while that you can take day trips to Cusco.
Please, it is very important to fill the blanks in the attached reservation form, we’ll send you an email with true and updated information so that we can make your reservations with the correct and appropriate information
The briefing is very important because that is when you will meet your guide. At this meeting, your guide will provide you with important details about the hike. If you participate in 2-Days Short Salkantay Trek, you will receive a duffle bag for your personal belongings; which will transported by our horses from camp to camp
If you are concerned about the walk, you have the option of hiring an additional horse. The cost is US $ 60.00. You can only ride the second day; from Soraypampa (3800m) to the pass (4,650m) which is the hardest part of the Trek.
Our guides are trained in case of illness. Unfortunately, it is illegal for us to provide you with altitude medicine, but we do our best to help you feel better in other ways. For example, we often make coca tea and the guides carry oxygen bottles with them. If you feel bad, you have the option to return to Cusco. However, this will incur significant additional costs.