Challenge Salkantay Trek 3 Days
Experience a challenge like no other - Have the ultimate adventure in Peru and explore breathtaking views on the 3-Days Challenge Salkantay Trek
Challenge Salkantay Trek offers unique treks through the majestic landscapes of the Salkantay region in Peru. Our expert guides lead visitors through stunning vistas and traditional villages, allowing them to explore the area’s fascinating flora and fauna. Whether experienced adventurers or first-time trekkers, we offer a variety of options to suit all levels. We provide professional equipment such as top-of-the-line tents with air mattresses for maximum comfort during overnight camping trips. From day hikes with local porters to overnight trails, Challenge Salkantay Trek will create an unforgettable experience of discovery!
3-Day Challenge Salkantay Trek; is one of the shorter treks to Machu Picchu designed for well-trained trekkers; and for those interested in authentic views of the Andes and the iconic Machu Picchu. This trek is situated in the National park of Machu Picchu in the southern Peru. The Challenge Salkantay Trek is a good trek offering cultural insights such as Inca ruins along the trail and the Popular Machu Picchu declared recently as the new wonder of the world. The trek also offers a natural insights lake the splendid views of the Vilcabamba mountain range from which Salkantay mountain (6,271m) is the highest.
3 Days / 2 NightsFrom Cusco to Cusco
- DURATION: 3-Days/ 2- Nights
- STARTING POINT: Pick up at 3:00 am From the hotel in Cusco.
- ENDING POINT: Drop off in Cusco at the main square around 9:00 pm, If you tell us, in advance, we can drop you at your hotel.
- DEPARTURE: The date that better suit you.
- TOTAL, TREKKING DISTANCE: 45 km / 27 ml.
- MAXIMUM ALTITUDE: 4650 m / 15228 ft.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: 1-night camp and 1-night hotel.
- MACHU PICCHU: Entrance ticket included
- “Scenic drive from Cusco to Soraypampa Valley with awesome panorama of mountains with view of Salkantay Mt. Within world heritage sites at Machu Picchu National park enriched with lovely Andean forest
- Explore traditional farm villages and Mysteries Inca settlements along the trail where our guide will explain you the Inca culture.
- Enchanting pristine forest filled with Andean, tropical and sub-tropical trees.
- Experience the dawn at Machu Picchu and enjoy an informative tour.
- DAY 1: Cusco | Mollepata – Soraypampa – Salkantaypass – Chaullay
- DAY 2: Chawllay | Sawayaco – Santa Teresa – Hydroelectric – Aguas Calientes
- DAY 3: The Most Important Day – Machu Picchu!
Why book with us?
- Stay within reach of select eco-lodges and our exclusive private campsites with stand-up tents, thick mattresses and pillows.
- Enjoy three hearty meals each day freshly prepared by our dedicated kitchen team. Drinking water included in the walk.
- Hike at a good pace led by experienced Tour Guides trained in nature first aid, equipped with a group medical kit and a portable Oxygen bottle.
Why Trekking Salkantay?
- Salkantay Trail is listed as one of the 25 best trekking dstination in the world by National Geographic Adventure Travel magazine.
- Trekking at Salkantay is definitely one of the best trekking adventures you will find in Peru and South American.
- After Classic Inca Trail, Salkantay trek is the second most popular trek to Machu Picchu (and much less crowded).
- Hikers can see natural bridges, snowy mountains, colorful valleys, waterfalls, wildlife, unique plants, and a cloud forest.
- Camping with fewer people allows you to be in control of your own trip and have the best views of these amazing mountains!
3-Days Challenge Salkantay Trek takes the stress out of booking multiple bus and train tickets between Cusco and Machu Picchu. We’ll organize all your logistic like: horses, Horsman, cook, Guide, equipment, etc. your homework will be to take picture and enjoy the mountain scenery views.
- Trekking pickup is offered from your hotel In Cusco. From sacred valley or from other places, please coordinated at the time of booking.
- This activity includes roundtrip transportation from your hotel, apartment, or home in the city of Cusco.
Explore the Andes of Peru and the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu trekking through the high Mountains on full portered trek from the zone of Soraypampa in Cusco. Pre-booking a tour ensures that you will have a permit to the UNESCO World Heritage site, where the number of daily visitors is limited, and you will visit the extensive site with your trekking guide.
“3-Day Challenge Salkantay Trek”, takes place in the national park of Machu Picchu in the region of Cusco; the southern Peru. The trek ends in the iconic Machu Picchu, located majestically on the prominent mountain and crowned by picturesque snow-caped mountains.
Cusco is a city located at an altitude of 3,400masl where the airport is located. If you are travelling from other countries you need to take a plane to Lima, the Capital of Peru; and from Lima to Cusco (one hour fly). Here we’ll wait for you and take you in this wonderful trekking to Machu Picchu.
The iconic Machu Picchu, is located at 100-kilometer from the city of Cusco to where you can arrive by trekking or by train. In this tour we’ll take the bus for 4-hour from Cusco to the zone of Soraypampa at 3800m; then hike through the Mountains and cloud forest for approximately 7-8 hours per day; we also will take the train from “Hidro” to the town of Aguas Calientes (The town near Machu Picchu). Overnight in the town of Aguas Calientes located at 25 minutes from the iconic Machu Picchu. Next Day we’ll explore Machu Picchu, and in the afternoon we’ll return to Cusco.
During this Trek is included all necessary things like: Transportations, all equipment, hotel, entrance, Professional tour Guide, and permanent assistance; is Not Included lunch and dinner on the last day. Why? Because we want you give you more options during your option to select your own meals.
- The Confirmation for 3-Day Challenge Salkantay Trek, will be received at the time of booking.
- It is important to be in a healthy and strong condition
- Not accessible for wheelchairs
- IMPORTANT: All the details of the traveler’s passport are required (full name and identification). Provide all passenger names, passport numbers, date of birth and nationality; otherwise, the tour is not confirmed. If you have special diet requirements let us to known at the booking time.
- Note: Changes of travel date are accepted outside the 30 days prior to the scheduled trekking date.
- Note: The guided tour within Machu Picchu, lasts approximately 3 hours. After that, you can explore Machu Picchu on your own.
- No recommendable for customers with heart problems or other serious medical problems
- Please note: The entrance ticket to Machupicchu and Bus tickets are included in this tour and will be delivered to passengers on the same day of visiting Machu Picchu.
- The Inca citadel of Machu Picchu has a limited capacity for coexistence reasons and has entry hours. This tour / activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- 3-Day Challenge Salkantay Trek is Operated by SUNRISE PERU TREK Travel & Tours.
One night we’ll uses Camping tents in the zone of Chullay; a small community where you’ll find toilets and shower facilities, as well access to purchase snack and drinks like water.
For second Night you’ll have accommodation in a hotel in the town of Aguas Calientes (The town next to Machu Picchu).
HOTEL IN THE TOWN OF AGUAS CALIENTES – HOSTEL PRESIDENTE
Hostal Presidente in the town of Aguas Calientes or Machu Picchu is located in the heart of town, beside the Urubamba River; it’s a stunning modern hotel affording amazing views of the Urubamba Canyon and the surrounding mountains. The guest rooms have been designed with optimum taste and comfort in mind and include state of the art facilities. all rooms have a private bath and 24-hour hot water, wi-fi, store facilities, buffet breakfast, etc. Some of the rooms have small balconies with great views over the Urubamba Valley.
You will be woken up with a cup of tea in your store around 6.30 a.m., followed by a small bowl of warm water to wash. Before breakfast, put your gear in your duffle bag and go to enjoy your breakfast; it is carried by horses and you won’t have access until it arrives to the next camp. After a healthy breakfast, we’re usually on the trail around 7:00 a.m. Depending on the duration and nature of the day’s walk. We’ll walk for about 7-8 hours, then generally rest for lunch for about 1 hour. Some of our employees will walk forward and select an appropriate place to stop. The afternoon walk is usually a bit shorter and the camp is generally arriving between 3:30 p.m. -4:30 p.m. Once we get to camp and the kitchen is ready, afternoon tea will be brewed. From there until dinner, it’s time to rest or explore the surroundings. Dinner is generally served between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. Don’t forget to bring your flashlight and your water bottles in the dining room tent so they can be filled with boiling water. Trekking the nights give you some of the best memories of your walk, be it talking, playing cards, Chat with the crew or join the song and dance with the locals. A lot of The enjoyment of an expedition is on the journey itself.
If you are solo traveller then, you’ll be charged an additional US$ 120.
This Trip is non-refundable trek. But you can change the beginning date if you let us to know 30 days before the programmed date.
Challenge Salkantay Trek Map
Why book this trip?
What will you see along the 3-day Challenge Salkantay Trek?
Video for 3-day Challenge Salkantay Trek
Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu 3-days tour is a challenge trek through the Andes where you’ll experience the greatest biodiversity of different ecological zones including the coffee farm. The Trail takes you to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. It is a challenge but wonderful.
This is a difficult question to answer since Peru has a variety of conditions. The best time is the dry season from May to November, and this is usually the period we recommend. But the walks are open all year.
While traveling through the Andes in Peru, some people will experience certain effects. If you plan to hike the Salkantay Trail, we recommend that you arrive 2-3 days before begins to trek to acclimatize; while that you can take day trips to Cusco.
Please, it is very important to fill the blanks in the attached reservation form, we’ll send you an email with true and updated information so that we can make your reservations with the correct and appropriate information
The briefing is very important because that is when you will meet your guide. At this meeting, your guide will provide you with important details about the hike. If you participate in Challenge Salkantay Trek, you will receive a duffle bag for your personal belongings
If you are concerned about the walk, you have the option of hiring an additional horse. The cost is US $ 60.00. You can only ride the first day; from Soraypampa (3800m) to the pass (4,650m) which is the hardest part of the Challenge Salkantay Trek.
Our guides are trained in case of illness. Unfortunately, it is illegal for us to provide you with altitude medicine, but we do our best to help you feel better in other ways. For example, we often make coca tea and the guides carry oxygen bottles with them. If you feel bad, you have the option to return to Cusco and join your group in the town of Aguas Calientes so as not to miss Machu Picchu. However, this will incur significant additional costs. You also have the option of using other means of transportation throughout the trek, such as: cars, horses and trains for a much lower cost.