SALKANTAY TREKS TEAM
As a locally owned and operated conscientious company, SUNRISE PERU TREK believes culture should be a way of life. We maintain high standards when choosing our knowledgeable staff and their compensation is paid accordingly. Our dedicated team is experts in their field with some involved in tourism for over two decades.
Since 1999, company founder MAURO PEDRAZA, has steadily built SUNRISE PERU TREK and its reputation from humble beginnings to what it is today. He has extensive experience in trekking and tourism in all Peru; is a keen environmentalist and a firm believer of responsible tourism. He is actively involved in all aspects of the company and occasionally leads treks to keep in touch with ground operations. Being a proud Peruvian, supports his local culture and traditions by expending his personal time, funds and energy on various local projects. He has also studied abroad and traveled to many western countries so is able to identify with his client base, seeing things from both the western and Peruvian perspectives.
SUNRISE PERU TREK employees range from well-qualified and competent office staff to trekking guides with years of experience; All of our agents, guides, assistants, cooks, porters, horseman and drivers are hard-working, reliable and experienced, with an enthusiasm for working in the travel industry.
RESPONSIBLE TRAVEL COMPANY
The tourism boom in Peru is a mixed blessing. It has generated a sizeable share of Peruvian’s foreign currency revenue but only a few have experienced an improvement in their standard of living. In fact, for many communities, influx of visitors has come at a considerable cost.
In numerous places, trekking groups have littered trails and degraded forests. Against this alarming backdrop, the practice of ecologically friendly-tourism has been gaining increased momentum – both in Peru and around the World.
Our approach to tourism seeks not only to preserve environment and culture of tourist destination but also to benefit the local population by fostering environmental awareness among both locals and visitors. By linking tourism to social and economic development, it is possible to preserve natural and cultural heritage of an area through promotion of sustainable tourism. This not only enhances positive experiences of those on holiday but also helps to raise the living standard of the local residents. SUNRISE PERU TREK promotes environmentally friendly tourism and, along with a few other local companies, has led the way in responsible tours of our country
WHY TRAVEL WITH US?
- Sunrise Peru Trek is managed by local highly experienced official Tour Guide who have worked in the pass for many high quality tour operators; also we run by highly experienced professionals in the tourism industry with over 15 Years’ experience of trekking in the Andes of Peru.
- Since Sunrise Peru Trek was founded, we have been working hard to become Peru’s most responsible adventure tour operator. In the last 6 years we have operated more than 1000 Inca Trail groups .We are the only company in Peru that specializes in Salkantay Treks and the two and four days Inka Trail to Machu Picchu
- Since we operate all of our own treks we have complete control over the quality of our service.
- Our guides are all officially licensed and hold degrees in tourism. All guides speak English. Well trained bilingual tour leaders who live in the region.
- Small International groups.
- 100% Peruvian staff which will give you the opportunity to get to know many locals.
- The 10% of our profits is donated to support rural Community Projects benefited from your visit to Peru.
- We are recognized as an honest company paying taxes to the Peruvian state.
- We care about the environment and take many precautions to protect it.
- Brand new equipment (tents, mattresses, sleeping bags, etc).
- Sunrise Peru Trek is a licensed member of all Peruvian Tourism
- Institutions (we are a certified tour operator).
- Well balanced food cooked by our chefs.